Graham Webbâ€™s hair artist team members let you in on how they created these looks. You can find all products mentioned in the Graham Webb line.
Soft Long Layers
- Section hair into four panels, front to back and side to side. At the apex, establish your guide at approximately 7 inches.
- Cut hair at an angle from apex to front hairline following the center parting Go from 7 inches at apex to 5 inches at front hairline. This will become your stationary guide line.
- Standing on the right hand side and working from the apex forward, begin bringing subsequent horizontal sections over directed to the stationary guide. When you have completed the front panel, go to the back panel and repeat. Maintain your angle, working from apex back until elevated hair no longer reaches guide.
- While remaining on the right-hand side, begin bringing hair left of the center parting to the stationary center section; complete the left-hand side with subsequent horizontal sections working front panel first and then left back panel.
- Using shears, detail the perimeter and the front hairline.
- Shampoo hair using Back to Basics Volumizing Apple Ginseng Shampoo & Conditioner.
- Spray Volumizing Root Boost into root area of damp hair. Apply Bodifying Crme.
- Mousse throughout remainder of hair. Using a medium boar bristle round brush, section from the nape working upward and blow dry entire head.
- Finish using Firm Hold Hairspray.
- Begin at nape with a Â½-inch horizontal section. Using tension, rest one finger on the back to create slight elevation and cut about 2 inches below shoulders to allow for curl to bounce up.
- Continue to work up head form, taking Â½-inch horizontal sections and gradually increasing elevation. Connect sides by using horizontal sections and keeping elevation consistent.
- At the apex, cut layers to the round of the head blending in at the crest line. This enables for maximum movement in the interior
- Loosely tousle the hair while randomly point-cutting for added texture and movement.
- Shampoo and condition with Back to Basics Moisture Rich Coconut Mango Regimen.
- On damp hair, apply a generous amount of Texture Defining Lotion mixed with a bit of Firm Hold Styling Gel. Allow to air dry.
- Gently separate with fingers.